Sound Meter Pro is the 4th set of Smart Tools collection (noise, vibration, seismometer).
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your built-in microphone to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB(A).
REMEMBER!! The smart phone microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB).
Therefore the maximum values are LIMITED by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound(100+ db) cannot be recognized. Moto Droid (max.100), Galaxy S3 (81dB), Galaxy Note (91dB), Galaxy S2 (98dB), HTC Desire(82dB)…
Vibrometer app uses the phone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference.
If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
– Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
– Statistic menu with saving log data
– CSV file exporting
– Level notification
– Line-chart duration
– More models are calibrated
– No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** Not Compatible with: Xperia(X10 mini), LG(Optimus One, P350), GT-I9001, ZTE, etc
** No internet support : You can open this app without any connection. After installation, open the app 2-3 times with your device connect to WI-FI or a 3G/4G connection.
– v2.6.2 : Android OS 11 support
- No root or Lucky Patcher or Google Play Modded required;
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services;
- Optimized and zipaligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load;
- Debug code removed;
- Languages: Full Multi Languages;
- CPUs: universal architecture;
- Screen DPIs: 120dpi, 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- Original package signature changed.
This app has no advertisements